This week sees me getting off to an active start in Brighton and I’ll be taking in not one, not two, but three castles along my way to Guilford. Exploring Dover’s secret wartime tunnels, following in the footsteps of Charles Dickens and checking out 300 independent boutiques… I’m going to work up an appetite. Good job I’ve got some mouth-watering food stops along the way this week.
This week I will be…
- A beach volleyball lesson first thing in the morning. That’ll wake me up.
- Taking in the bountiful independent boutiques of Brighton in North Laines.
- Watching shadow puppets and video projections at Hove Park.
- Taking a tour of Pevensey Castle
- Boarding the steepest cliff railway in the UK at Bexhill-on-Sea
- Having a nose around Rye on my way to Dover
- Exploring the secret wartime tunnels beneath Dover Castle
- Uncovering Leeds Castle on a below the stars tour
- Having a go at Falconry
- Zipping around standing straight upright on a Segway
- Taking some Footsteps in Time on a tour of Dickens’ Rochester
- Pulling in to Lee Valley, site of the Games and WaterWorks Nature Reserve and Golf Centre
On the menu this week…
- A champagne reception at Balcony, Langton House in Battle
- Dinner at Rocksalt in Folkstone - this looks amazing!
- Lunch in the oak-beamed Fairfax restaurant in Leeds Castle
Where I’ll be staying…
Camping and Caravaning Club sites along the way including Folkstone Club site, WaterWorks Nature Reserve and Golf Centre, Stoke Park, Lanchett Cottage, Penny Spring Farm, Norman’s Bay Club Site.