Well, this is it, the final stretch. I’ll be rounding off my epic journey through England with a visit to the country’s capital – London. What a time to arrive. The streets will be buzzing. I cannot wait to explore some of the iconic landmarks, not to mention the free museums and galleries that make London the incredible city it is. What a ride it’s been! I’m going to enjoy every last minute.
This week I will be…
- Getting an eyeful of London from the London Eye
- Meeting some Yeoman Warders and ravens at the Tower of London (someone’s official job title there is ‘Raven Master’ – can’t be many of them in the world can there?)
- Saying “Ooooooo” a lot in Westminster Abbey
- Wandering around the glorious Kew Gardens
- Marvelling at the enchanted Hampton Court Palace
- Taking my first ride in the Thames Cable Car
- Listening to my stomach rumble as I walk around Borough Market
- Stepping back in time and going to a Tudor Fair on board the Golden Hinde
- Treading the boards at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- Getting up early for an interview on Sky News (Yep. Check me out.)
On the menu this week…
- Catching up with the VisitEngland team for dinner and drinks!
- Getting involved as possible in the demonstration kitchen in Borough Market
- Looking out over St Paul’s whilst eating out at The Real Greek